From the 14th to the 16th of June, 2022, the EACWP launches its fifth Premium Virtual Edition of its European Course for Teachers of Creative Writing, involving three of our most expert European teachers. The sessions will be celebrated through Zoom. Worldwide participants are welcome to join us. Enrollments are already open until June, 10th, 2022
Teaching approaches to creative writing
This Premium Virtual Edition will comprise three different workshops that will take place on Tuesday, 14th, Wednesday, 15th and Thursday, 16th of June from 17.00 to 19.00 (CET). As in the regular format of our Teachers Training Course, over these sessions, our EACWP teachers will share their different methodologies, approaches and experiences in the teaching of creative writing by offering a so called “auteur workshop” by performing and explaining their own ars pedagogica and didactics from both a theoretical and practical approach. All the working sessions will be focused on pedagogical training and guidelines to empower the participants to develop their own teaching interests and new possibilities.
Meeting your colleagues
On the 14th of February, worldwide participants are invited to join a colleagues meeting at 16.15 (45 minutes before the first workshop starts) in order to give everyone the opportunity to introduce him/herself and to get to know the rest of the group members.
Additionally, on the 16th of June, right after the last workshop, we will be delighted to replicate the feat as part of the course clousure.
Please, feel welcome and bring your drink!
Criteria for participants
This training is for:
- Beginner teachers keen to learn about the pedagogy of teaching creative writing and the different international approaches
- Intermediate teachers wanting to broaden their grasp of pedagogical concepts in an international and culturally diverse environment
- More expert teachers interested in sharing their experiences and approaches and enriching their own perspectives from international discussions and comparisons
- Students of creative writing willing to deepen into their knowledge and skills within the contents of the different working proposals in an international context
- John Vigna (University of British Columbia/ Belgium)
- Claire Collison (NAWE/ UK)
- Mercedes Cebrián (Spain)
Contents and schedule
All the sessions will be celebrated in June, 2022 from 17.00 to 19.00 (CET).
- Tuesday, 14th: Revising our work while revising ourselves / John Vigna (University of British Columbia / Canada)
- Wednesday 15h: Brief Encounters: Once Met, Never Forgotten/ Claire Collison (NAWE / UK)
- Thursday 16th: Food Writing: Much More than Writing about Food/ Mercedes Cebrián (Spain)
- 200€ (EACWP members)
- 250€ (other participants)
Additionally, five (5) scholarhips scholarships of 80% will be offered this year for participants not funded by an institution. The selected candidates will be charged with 50€.
Candidates interested must send their CV plus a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before June, 8th. The subject of the message must be “Course scholarship / Premium Virtual Edition 2022”. Results will be announced on June, 10th.
The scholarships will be only granted if the course gathers the minimum required number of students.
Please contact Lorena Briedis: email@example.com