From the 26th to the 28th of January, 2021, the EACWP launches its second Premium Virtual Edition of its European Course for Teachers of Creative Writing, involving three of our most expert European teachers. In this occasion, we’ll count on the participation of a female panel as in the past edition we had a fully male team. Additionally, this new edition will be provided of a more practical focus, closer to the workshop format than a masterclass. The sessions will be celebrated through Zoom. Worldwide participants are welcome to join us. Enrollments are already open until January, 22nd, 2021
Teaching approaches to creative writing
This Premium Virtual Edition will comprise three different workshops that will take place on Tuesday, 26th, Wednesday, 27th and Thursday, 28th of January from 17.00 to 19.00 (CET). As in the regular format of our Teachers Training Course, over these sessions, our EACWP teachers will share their different methodologies, approaches and experiences in the teaching of creative writing by offering a so called “auteur workshop” by performing and explaining their own ars pedagogica and didactics from both a theoretical and practical approach. All the working sessions will be focused on pedagogical training and guidelines to empower the participants to develop their own teaching interests and new possibilities.
Meeting your colleagues
On the 26th of January, worldwide participants are invited to join a colleagues meeting at 16.00 (one hour before the first workshop starts) in order to give everyone the opportunity to introduce him/herself and to get to know the rest of the group members.
Additionally, on the 28th of January, right after the last workshop, we will be delighted to replicate the feat as part of the course clousure.
Please, feel welcome and bring your drink!
Criteria for participants
This training is for:
- Beginner teachers keen to learn about the pedagogy of teaching creative writing and the different international approaches
- Intermediate teachers wanting to broaden their grasp of pedagogical concepts in an international and culturally diverse environment
- More expert teachers interested in sharing their experiences and approaches and enriching their own perspectives from international discussions and comparisons
- Students of creative writing willing to deepen into their knowledge and skills within the contents of the different working proposals in an international context
- Mariana Docampo from Casa de Letras (Argentina)
- Renée Combal-Weiss Aleph-Écriture (France)
- Jenifer Smith from NAWE (UK)
Contents and schedule
All the sessions will be celebrated in January, 2021 from 17.00 to 19.00 (CET).
- Tuesday, 26th: Creating a workshop from the text analysis method / Mariana Docampo (Casa de Letras / Argentina)
- Wedenesday 27th: Creative tools to enable connections between home and the virtual classroom / Renée Combal-Weiss (Aleph-Écriture / France)
- Thursday 28th: Metaphoraging / Jenifer Smith (NAWE / UK)
- 200€ (EACWP members)
- 250€ (other participants)
Additionally, five (5) scholarhips scholarships of 80% will be offered this year for participants not funded by an institution. The selected candidates will be charged with 50€.
Candidates interested must send their CV plus a motivation letter to email@example.com before January, 18th. The subject of the message must be “Course scholarship / Premium Virtual Edition 2021”. Results will be announced on January, 21st.
The scholarships will be only granted if the course gathers the minimum required number of students.
Please contact Lorena Briedis: firstname.lastname@example.org