- To encourage a European citizenship through cultural and literary interchange.
- To promote creative writing in the different European languages as a way to preserve our valuable linguistic histories.
- To foster talent within the field of creative writing in Europe.
What is it about
The contest is open to any participant living in Europe (including countries culturally linked to Europe such as Russia, Turkey, and Israel). Only EACWP representatives, teachers and staff cannot participate. Participants must present a 100 words flash-fiction text. The topic is outside.
The final winner will be awarded a cash prize of 600€ and the runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of 400€.
How to participate
The contest starts at 13.00 (Central European Time: CET) next February 26th (2021). The web forms in each participating language will be available until April, 15th (2021) at 13.00. Contestants just need to select the language of participation in order to access to its requirements and correct web form in each case. Access will be available on the day the contest starts and it will be open only over the period of submissions.
The languages of 2021 Edition are the following ones:
Leading institution for each language
- For Catalan: Escola d’escriptura
- Fot Czech: The University of Creative Communication
- For Dutch: Creatief Schrijven (Belgium) and ArtEZ (The Netherlands)
- For Danish: University of Southern Denmark
- For English: University of East Anglia
- For Finnish: Jyväskylä University
- For French: Aleph-Écriture
- For German: schule für dichtung (sfd)
- For Hebrew: Sadnaot Habait
- For Portuguese: Escrever Escrever
- For Spanish: Escuela de Escritores
- For Swedish: Linnaeus University