From the 7th to the 9th of July, 2020, the EACWP launches a Premium Virtual Edition of its European Course for Teachers of Creative Writing, involving three of our most expert European teachers. In this occasion, we have made extensive the invitation to a selection of teachers that, for logistic reasons, would be more difficult, perhaps, to bring on spot for a week to Belgium.
The sessions will be celebrated through video conference tools (Zoom).
Worldwide participants are welcome to join us. Enrollments are already open until July, 6th, 2020
Teaching approaches to creative writing
This Premium Virtual Edition will comprise three different masterclasses that will take place on Tuesday, 7th, Wednesday, 8th and Thursday, 9th of July from 18.00 to 20.00 (CET). As in the regular format of our Teachers Training Course, over these sessions, our EACWP teachers will share their different methodologies, approaches and experiences in the teaching of creative writing by offering a so called “auteur workshop” by performing and explaining their own ars pedagogica and didactics from both a theoretical and practical approach. All the working sessions will be focused on pedagogical training and guidelines to empower the participants to develop their own teaching interests and new possibilities.
Meeting your colleagues
On the 7th of July, worldwide participants are invited to join a colleagues meeting at 17.00 (one hour before the first masterclass starts) in order to give everyone the opportunity to introduce him/herself and to get to know the rest of the group members.
Additionally, on the 9th of July, right after the last masterclass, we will be delighted to replicate the feat as part of the course clousure.
Please, feel welcome and bring your drink!
Criteria for participants
This training is for:
- Beginner teachers keen to learn about the pedagogy of teaching creative writing and the different international approaches
- Intermediate teachers wanting to broaden their grasp of pedagogical concepts in an international and culturally diverse environment
- More expert teachers interested in sharing their experiences and approaches and enriching their own perspectives from international discussions and comparisons
- Students of creative writing willing to deepen into their knowledge and skills within the contents of the different working proposals in an international context
- Frank Tazelaar from ArtEZ (The Nethelands)
- Daniel Soukup (Czech Republic)
- Risto Ahti from Oriveden Opisto (Finland)
Contents and schedule
All the sessions will be celebrated in July, 2020 from 18.00 to 20.00 (CET).
- Tuesday, 7th: Understanding your students’ poetics / Frank Tazelaar (ArtEZ / The Nethelands)
- Wedenesday 8th: How to work with literary tradition in a CW class / Daniel Soukup (Czech Republic)
- Thursday 9th: How to protect, stregthen and empower self-expression / Risto Ahti (Oriveden Opisto / Finland)
- 200€ (EACWP members)
- 250€ (other participants)
Additionally, five (5) scholarhips scholarships of 80% will be offered this year for participants not funded by an institution. The selected candidates will be charged with 50€.
Candidates interested must send their CV plus a motivation letter to email@example.com before June, 26th. The subject of the message must be “Course scholarship / Premium Virtual Edition 2020”. Results will be announced on July, 1st.
The scholarships will be only granted if the course gathers the minimum required number of students.
Please contact Lorena Briedis: firstname.lastname@example.org