From the 16th to the 21st of July, 2018, the EACWP launches its second European Course for Teachers of Creative Writing take place in Normandy (France). Enrollments are open for worldwide participants in this website, keep reading!
Creative Writing for Teachers
A European Course for Teachers of Creative Writing
This four days course gathers together a selection of our most expert European teachers. Over the morning sessions, our EACWP teachers will share their different methodologies, approaches and experiences in the teaching of Creative Writing by offering a so called “auteur workshop” by performing and explaining their own ars pedagogica and didactics.
Additionally, over the afternoon sessions, the teachers in training will be invited to take part into pedagogical creative laboratories to discuss several approaches to different teaching proposals in order to design a final workshop in the context of a potential creative writing class. In the last day, the outcome of this exchange will be presented in groups in a final sharing session, supported and commented by the EACWP teachers and the rest of the participants.
This year, Reijo Virtanen (Finland), Luis Luna (Spain) and Therese Granwald (Sweden) will be the European teachers invited to impart and lead the different working sessions. In the occasion of this second edition, we would like to make extensive the invitation to worldwide colleagues interested in taking part in this pedagogical interchange.
Criteria for participants
This training is for:
- Beginner teachers keen to learn about the pedagogy of teaching creative writing and the different international approaches
- Intermediate teachers wanting to broaden their grasp of pedagogical concepts in an international and culturally diverse environment
- More expert teachers interested in sharing their experiences and approaches and enriching their own perspectives from international discussions and comparisons
The venue for the evening meal and overnight accommodation is, resembling a castle extracted from a Maupassant’s novel, Moulin d’Andé, a cultural association from the 12th century located in Normandy, on the Seine soars, devoted to fostering the arts and the literary creation. Thanks to its owner Suzanne Lipinska, the place became an artistic residence, where worldwide writers such as George Perec have been hosted and developed their literary works.
- Reijo Virtanen from Orivesi College of Arts (Finland)
- Therése Granwald from Sweden
- Luis Luna from Escuela de Escritores (Spain)
Contents and schedule
The fee includes the course itself, overnight accommodation (5 nigths) at Moulin d’Andé and all meals (breakfast, lunch, refreshments and dinner).
- 1170 € (in shared rooms)
Single rooms have an additional cost of 150€.
- Course from Tuesday, 17th of July to Friday, 20th
- Arrivals scheduled on Monday, 16th and departures on Sunday 21st
The European Association of Creative Writing Programmes (EACWP) will expend a certification to all attendants. Here you have the information about last year course.