From the 12th to the 17th of July, 2020, the EACWP launches its fourth European Course for Teachers of Creative Writing taking place in Alden Biesen (Belgium). Enrollments are already open for worldwide participants through the registration form you may find at the bottom of this page.
Creative Writing for Teachers
A European Course for Teachers of Creative Writing
This four days course gathers together a selection of our most expert European teachers. Over the morning sessions, our EACWP teachers will share their different methodologies, approaches and experiences in the teaching of Creative Writing by offering a so called “auteur workshop” by performing and explaining their own ars pedagogica and didactics.
Additionally, over the afternoon sessions, the teachers in training will be invited to take part into pedagogical creative laboratories to discuss several approaches to different teaching proposals taking into account the context and the experience of the several teachers participating in the discussion. At the end of the day, the outcome of this exchange will be presented in groups in a final sharing session, supported and commented by the EACWP teachers and the rest of the participants.
In the occasion of this fourth edition, we would like to make extensive the invitation to worldwide colleagues interested in taking part in this pedagogical interchange.
Criteria for participants
This training is for:
- Beginner teachers keen to learn about the pedagogy of teaching creative writing and the different international approaches
- Intermediate teachers wanting to broaden their grasp of pedagogical concepts in an international and culturally diverse environment
- More expert teachers interested in sharing their experiences and approaches and enriching their own perspectives from international discussions and comparisons
- Students of creative writing willing to deepen into their knowledge and skills within the contents of the different working proposals in an international context
Alden Bielsen is a 16-century castle in Belgium, about one hour away from Brussels and half an hour away from Maastricht (The Netherlands). The castle is used today as a cultural centre, where several festivals such as the Scottish weekend are hosted.
- Rubén Abella from Escuela de Escritores (Spain)
- Jennifer Steil (US-UK)
- Dennis Gaens from ArtEZ (The Nethelands)
Contents and schedule
The fee includes the course itself, overnight accommodation (5 nigths) at Alden Biesen and all meals (breakfast, lunch, refreshments and dinner).
- 1300€ (single rooms)
- 1100€ (shared rooms)
- Course from Monday, 13th of July to Thursday, 16th
- Arrivals scheduled on Sunday, 12th and departures on Friday 17th
The European Association of Creative Writing Programmes (EACWP) will expend a certification to all attendants. Here you have the information about last year course.
Please contact Lorena Briedis: email@example.com