From the 7th to the 12th of July, 2019, the EACWP launches its third European Course for Teachers of Creative Writing take place in Alden Biesen (Belgium). Enrollments are open for worldwide participants in this website, keep reading!
Creative Writing for Teachers
A European Course for Teachers of Creative Writing
This four days course gathers together a selection of our most expert European teachers. Over the morning sessions, our EACWP teachers will share their different methodologies, approaches and experiences in the teaching of Creative Writing by offering a so called “auteur workshop” by performing and explaining their own ars pedagogica and didactics.
Additionally, over the afternoon sessions, the teachers in training will be invited to take part into pedagogical creative laboratories to discuss several approaches to different teaching proposals in order to design a final workshop in the context of a potential creative writing class. In the last day, the outcome of this exchange will be presented in groups in a final sharing session, supported and commented by the EACWP teachers and the rest of the participants.
This year, Martino Gozzi (Italy), Jenny Tunedal (Sweden) and Daniel Billiet (Belgium) will be the European teachers invited to impart and lead the different working sessions. In the occasion of this third edition, we would like to make extensive the invitation to worldwide colleagues interested in taking part in this pedagogical interchange.
Criteria for participants
This training is for:
- Beginner teachers keen to learn about the pedagogy of teaching creative writing and the different international approaches
- Intermediate teachers wanting to broaden their grasp of pedagogical concepts in an international and culturally diverse environment
- More expert teachers interested in sharing their experiences and approaches and enriching their own perspectives from international discussions and comparisons
- Students of creative writing willing to deepen into their knowledge and skills within the contents of the different working proposals in an international context
Alden Bielsen is a 16-century castle in Belgium, about one hour away from Brussels and half an hour away from Maastricht (The Netherlands). The castle is used today as a cultural centre, where several festivals such as the Scottish weekend are hosted.
- Martino Gozzi from Scuola Holden (Italy)
- Jenny Tunedal from Valand Academy (Sweden)
- Daniel Billiet from Creatief Schrijven (Belgium)
Contents and schedule
The fee includes the course itself, overnight accommodation (5 nigths) at Alden Biesen and all meals (breakfast, lunch, refreshments and dinner).
Course Fee (for self-afforded teachers)
- 1200€ (single rooms)
- 950€ (shared rooms)
Course Fee (for teachers financed by an institution)
- 1200€ (single rooms)
- 1050 € (shared rooms)
Additionally, two scholarships of 550€ will be offered this year for teachers not funded by an institution.
Candidates interested must send their CV plus a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before June, 1st. The subject of the message must be “Course scholarship / Alden Biesen, 2019”. Results will be announced on June, 10th.
The scholarships will be only granted if the course gathers the minimum required number of students.
- Course from Monday, 8th of July to Thursday, 11th
- Arrivals scheduled on Sunday, 7th and departures on Friday 12th