Newcastle (UK) will be the hosting city of this major event for the whole of the discipline of English, concerning the study of English literature, language and Creative Writing. Booking is now open for participants. Also, the programme of the conference is already available
From the 5th to the 7th of July (2017) the English Shared Futures conference will celebrate the intellectual strength, diversity and creativity of English and explore its futures in the nations of the UK and across the world.
The conference will include:
- State-of-the-art research from across the discipline, widely-defined.
- Invited panels and open panels.
- Panels on pedagogy and profesional development.
- Leading keynote speakers.
- Networking across the range of the profession.
- Briefings on current issues.
- Cultural events.
- Publishers’ and agents’ rooms.
English: Shared Futures is organised by the English Association, University English (the body for HE Departments of English) and the National Association of Writers in Education (NAWE), with support from the Institute of English Studies.